Greater New York Intergroup provides information to sex and love addicts seeking help in the New York City, Long Island, Hudson Valley and Northern New Jersey area.
The Intergroup consists of trusted servants, including representatives from some of the individual groups in our region, who serve in accordance with the Ninth Tradition: “S.L.A.A. as such ought never to be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.” Intergroup may consider issues of conscience and finances as they may affect our region in general. We may from time to time schedule special events, such as ‘Share-a-Days’, send delegates to the Annual Business Meeting of the Fellowship-Wide Services.
What exactly does GNYI do?
The Greater New York Intergroup of SLAA performs a number of functions that help get the word out to sex and love addicts about our fellowship, and provides crucial tools to those already in it. Among other things, GNYI:
- Creates and maintains a website with a list of all meetings, as well as other documents, such as questions for self-diagnosis;
- Creates and maintains a Meeting List with all current meetings, Steps, Traditions, opening preamble, and other elements essential for those in program and those interested in it;
- Funds and helps organize New York-area SLAA events such as Share-a-Day and Step Workshops;
- Sends and pays for individuals to attend the Fellowship-wide Annual Business Meeting for SLAA’s global fellowship;
- Listens to needs of people in recovery and individual meetings and, where appropriate, according to the Fourth Tradition, provides resources, suggestions, and guidance to help them function effectively;
- Serves to create a broader community, so that individuals in disparate meetings may be in touch with their fellows in other local-area meetings.
What is a suggested GNYI contribution plan?
After regular expenses for individual groups are met each month (rent, literature and prudent reserve funds) it is suggested that 60% of remaining amounts be contributed to GNYI and 40% given directly to FWS (Fellowship Wide Services). Please note, GNYI also makes contributions to FWS.
For info for FWS suggestions on donations, please click link to the 60/40 Pamphlet.
To contribute directly to OUR LOCAL INTERGROUP, please click here:
DONATE LOCALLY NOW!
To contibute directly to FWS, click here:
What forms of payment does GNYI accept?
GNYI accepts checks or Money Orders payable to: Greater New York Area Intergroup
If this is not a personal donation, please be sure to include group name, meeting time, day of the week and location.
Please do not mail cash.
Cash contributions can be given to the GNYI Treasurer at a meeting or at the monthly
Intergroup meeting. (Generally 4:45pm, 1st Sunday of month, at St. Francis Ch., 31st St, on the 2nd Floor).
Where can we snail-mail GNYI contributions?
Please send payments to:
Greater New York Area Intergroup of SLAA
PO Box 8086
New York, NY 10116-4650
For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contributions to Intergroup are greatly appreciated and are put to good use: Retreats, Share-A-Day, Fellowship events, Celebrations to enhance recovery, etc.